Moving to the Netherlands

If you move to Losser from abroad for a period longer than 4 months

If you move to Losser from another country, you need to register at the municipality in person. In order to do this, you make an appointment. The same applies for family members who move with you.

Make an appointment

Call +31 53 537 74 44.

What you need to know

If you do not report your move, the municipality can give you an administrative fine.

Required documents

  • Valid identity document.
  • Original rental agreement or home purchase contract.
  • Written permission letter from the main resident and a copy of their identity document, if you are moving in with someone.
  • Proof of your marital status at the time you move to the Netherlands. This is not required for students.
  • Birth certificate if you have been born abroad. This is not required for students.
  • Marriage certificate if you have married abroad.
  • Divorce certificate if you have divorced abroad.

Sometimes a certificate must be legalized. View the information from the central government about legalizing foreign documents.

If you are moving from a country outside the European Union, Liechtenstein, Norway, Iceland or Switzerland, you should also bring:

  • Proof of deregistration if you move from Aruba, Curaçao, Sint Maarten, Bonaire, Saba, Sint Eustatius.
  • A residence permit. If you don't have this, make an appointment with the municipality. Call +31 53 537 74 44. You will then receive a Proof of Publication from the municipality. You can use this to make an appointment with the Immigration and Naturalization Service (IND) to apply for a residence permit.


Reporting your move is free.