Moving abroad

You need to notify the municipality of Losser that you will be relocating to a different country if you are planning to stay abroad for at least 8 months out of the next 12 months.

This does not have to be in a consecutive period. In this case, you will be de-registered from your address. If you are moving abroad for a period shorter than 8 months, there is no need to notify the City.

Notify the municipality before your departure

You will need to notify the municipality of Losser  that you are relocating before your departure. You must do this no earlier than four weeks in advance and no later than the day of your departure.

Please make an appointment by phone

You can make an appointment by calling 053 - 53 77 444 (within the Netherlands) or +31 53 53 77 444 (from abroad). 

Have you already moved abroad?

Then notify the municipality of your move as soon as possible. In that case, the day on which you submit your notification will count as your relocation date. Submitting a date in the past is not possible.

No new international address yet?

Submit your first place of residence (for instance the address of a hotel). If you are unable to submit an address, then only specify the country.

Notify the City at the City Office

You can personally register your own relocation abroad at the City Office. You will need to show a valid identity document.

Partner and children

If you visit the City Office to notify the City that you will be moving abroad, you can also do it for your partner and children. That is only possible:

  • Together with your own notification;
  • if you are married or in a registered partnership;
  • if you are moving abroad with your entire family.

Will a family member not be moving abroad with you? Then all the people that are relocating abroad with you will need to be there when visiting the City Office.

How long does it take?

Your relocation will be processed immediately and you will receive a written confirmation there and then. You can also check your personal information online at MijnOverheid. If you want proof of your de-registration then you need to request that separately.

Proof of de-registration

When you move abroad, you will sometimes have to show proof of de-registration from the Netherlands. There are various options, but not every government agency will accept all documents. Please check with the agency that requires the proof to confirm the type of document it requires. These are the options:

  • If you come to submit your notice of emigration at the City Office (on the day itself or no more than five days in advance), you will receive a written confirmation of your ‘pre-departure declaration’. This document will satisfy customs requirements.
  • If you come to the City Office on the day of your departure, you can receive an extract that includes the information about your departure. This document will also satisfy customs requirements.
  • If you would like proof of your emigration from the Netherlands at a later date, you will need to request an Extract from the Non-residents Records Database at one of the following Cities: Alkmaar, Almelo, Amsterdam, Breda, Den Haag, Doetinchem, Eindhoven, Goes, Groningen (and Eemshaven), Heerlen, Leeuwarden, Leiden, Nijmegen, Rotterdam, Terneuzen, Utrecht, Venlo, Westland or Zwolle. This document will be suitable for customs and for foreign authorities.